You can also go to our Eventbrite page to find out the latest EOA event and training details and how you can book.
Also check out EOA Events page where you can find our networking events – with some great opportunities to learn from your peers – whether you are new to employee-ownership or you are established in the area.
Past training sessions
What Women Want: webinar
Webinar held Wednesday 10 August 2016.
This webinar explores inclusiveness and engagement in relation to employee plan design and communication to women.
Why? Women make up a significant proportion of companies’ workforce but to what extent are they taken into account when considering plan design and communication? The webinar looked at: the key legal considerations; behavioural differences in response to risk; communicating with different demographics; what the research shows; and, what companies are doing in this space.
Introduced by EOA Chair, Angela Perry, the webinar featured Jessica Mitchell, UK and Australian qualified lawyer who works with Tapestry Compliance; and, Joanna Mak, Senior Manager, Share Plan at Brambles.
Tax Changes Explained!: webinar
Webinar held Thursday 28 January, 2016
Tax changes will have an impact on your company, whether it is entirely employee-owned or you have some other form of employee share ownership in place. Webinar attendees found out about companies and enterprises adapting to the new tax environment in Australia for business-benefit. Expert opinion on the new opportunities and possible pitfalls in relation to significant government policy changes was provided.
The webinar featured a particular focus on start-ups. There is increasing interest from the Australian start-up community about the benefits of utilising employee share ownership schemes.
You can access the recording of this webinar here
Some excellent learnings from Geo Consulting and acQuire/Metech told first hand from the people who implemented them.
Our annual conference – connect, learn, celebrate
In addition to our training program Employee Ownership Australia and New Zealand holds an Annual Conference each year.
These are just some of the comments from participants:
- “A great range of perspectives and I found the links to innovation and governance very thought provoking”
- “Enjoyed the networking and learning from other organisations that presented. Great guest speakers”
- “Focus on innovation was brilliant, much more interesting and engaging than similar conferences”
Apart from being a key event for building our employee ownership community of practice, and providing an opportunity celebrate our successes and award excellence, the event features valuable presentations and workshops. In 2016 the program included:
- Communicating employee share plans effectively (featuring Kama Ghosn and Joanna Mak from Eclipx and Brambles respectively)
- Innovation roundtables – idea generation for new employee ownership initiatives
- Finding out how larger companies can innovate with employee ownership with David Thodey (pictured above)
- The Employee Ownership Index with Matt Lever (EOA Board Member) and Angela Perry (EOA Chair)
- Exploring the employee ownership future with Chris Galway from Ernst and Young
- Learning about the new tax advantages with Haydn Daw from the ATO (including employee share schemes and startups).
Of course there was the Networking Lunch and Awards which was Presented by the Hon Ed Husic MP.
The annual conference is the largest of its kind in Australia and attracts professionals from across the business world, including share plan advisers, administrators, HR professionals, employment and contract lawyers, finance directors, company secretaries and communications experts. Join EOA and join us for our 2017 conference.